Tuesday, November 15, 2011

So many projects

I always seem to have at least 5 projects floating around in my head, usually more.  Right now here's what's competing for priority.

1. Christmas presents - I always think homemade things mean more buy gosh do I throw a lot on my plate.
  -dollhouse  from Ana White.  Emme is 3, so a "real" house with doors and windows and 3 walls per room seems too difficult for her dexterity wise.  This little house is perfect.  A huge plus is that I get to decorate with fun girly colors and designs I can't use in my own house :)

  - rugs, bedding, bed, sofa for the doll house.

  -kitchen also from Ana White.  The hubs is in charge of building both this and the dollhouse, I'm in charge of finishing.  I might be taking on more of this project though because he always has so much on his plate with work.

  - to go along with the kitchen is felt food that I'm making myself.  I was so excited when I found tutorials here that I went out and bought a ton of felt and started on slices of bread.  I've lost my motivation.  I feel like it takes too long.  I miss sewing on my machine, not a huge fan of hand sewing.

The following are all going to be put together as gift basket type gifts for family and friends.

  - felt slippers from my Martha Stewart magazine.  These should be wonderful for the grandmas that never give us a list and are always cold!  Hopefully not too time consuming.

  - sugar scrub

  - monogrammed coasters for friends and family.

  - Double oven mitt.  Probably a couple for us too!

  - Beautiful frames, not sure if I'll do Christmas theme or not, but I think yes.  I just love the glitter!  Then I don't have to worry about it matching their decor.

  - custom trivets.  Maybe monogrammed or in each of the family's initials?

  - soaps.  This is the cheater's method.  I looked into actually making my own, but the burns you can get from working with lye sound scary.  Perhaps when I have older kids that I can send out of the house for a period of time I'll attempt it.  But for now, this will give me an introduction to the soap making world.

  - dish towels.  For this I will have to be a little sneaky and attempt to figure out the kitchen decor of said family and friends.  Or just find some nice neutral fabric.

  - chalk labeled wine glasses.  Love this!  Wine charms are not always everyone's taste.  For instance, I love bling, my mother?  Not so much.

  - pie.  Pie in a jar.  What's not to love?

  - pretty personalized canvas tote to hold it all.

 Too much?  I always seem to over-do everything; never thinking I have enough.  Does it seem balanced enough for a couple.  Too girly or wife centered?

2. Cleaning.  The house is never clean enough.  At least most toys have been moved to Emme's room.

3. Kitchen.  Gross, ugly, outdated.  Just a few words to describe our kitchen.  There's a kitchen store in town that's selling their displays.  Trying to get Dave over there with me to check them out soon.  Hopefully in a few minutes!

4. Decorating for Christmas.  We're half done, but still have boxes all over the house.

5. Sending a wedding card to my dear friend Trisha and her new husband Rusty.  I was a bridesmaid in her wedding last Thursday.  We got home from Disney World at 10pm Monday night.  I had intended to start baking for the shower I was throwing for her Wed night.  Was feeling a little under the weather, figured sleep would help.  It didn't.  I woke up vomiting and didn't stop for quite awhile.  Then I had flu symptoms.  I had to miss the wedding.  I'm still so sad to have missed their day!  Heartbroken actually.  I love you, Trish!

So the kids are up, I'm off to get the 3 yr old dressed for ballet and try to get to the kitchen store before we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment