Friday, May 9, 2014

Sneak peek

So I know that I need to finish the sew along, but I'm also guessing that most of you ladies won't start your bodice until this weekend, maybe next considering that this weekend is Mother's Day.  I just finished my dress and wanted to share!

Overall, I love it!  Next time I will iron the center crease out because it screwed up one of my front pleats, luckily it's not really noticeable to anyone but me.




That little flash is not one of our resident ghosts, it's my little Alice rushing to get ready for a target trip.

I love that it makes my waist look small and that the skirt lays well.  I also love that I cut a size smaller than I usually am and it fits!  I've been running like a mad lady (for me - 4-5 days a week, normal for fit people) and my pants are too big so because of that and the fact that the last dress I made was too big on top (not waist) I decided to go for it.  Yea!!!

It's ever so slightly big on top, could have  taken in the darts a bit more but it's still wearable!  The only thing I don't like is that the cut on the arms gives me that side boob/armpit chub.  Oh well!  I still love it!

I'm pretty happy with my ornamentation to cover the hole I cut.  I think it works, it's still neutral and was free!  

Next time, and there will be a next time, I think I'll use linen or the linen look fabric at Joann's.  There's an aqua print I'm in love with.  If you haven't guessed I love aqua.  Aqua kitchen, sewing room wallpaper, dresses.

Ps I'm also ridiculously happy with how skinny this mirror makes me look!

I can't wait to see how all of your dresses are shaping up!!  I'll do better pictures later I hope :).

1 comment: